Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help on problem with ls1, engine dies after 1 min of driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on problem with ls1, engine dies after 1 min of driving

first i want to say i'm about to switch to carb because this is making me really **** and i've wasted so much time on this project NOT to mention money.

this is a complete stand along wiring now, I have a 00ls1 and 00 wiring harness off camaro. the engine and wiring does no longer have any o2 sensors,air injection bypass valve, all auto wiring, egr system, all evap wiring and system.

I have cut off and out everything I did not need. everything is also turned off on the computer, vts is also turned off as well. I am running a th400

the problem is that when i'm just starting it up on a cold start, it idle perfect and have all 8 cylinders working and my datalogging be great, i can rev it as much as i want and it can stay rev up as long as i want without having any problems, as soon as i try to drive it out into the street, the car falls on it's face and the engine will start to cut off cylinders one by one untill i have like two cylinders left. then it will die, I can try to start it back up but then it will be very hard to start again after that, meaning it will just turn over and act like its trying to catch but it wont really stay running under it's power, id have to hold the key on start. all my 02 are turned off and i'm also in closed loop mode as well, so the engine can never go into open loop and relay on the 02's. i'm at the point where ive try everything. all different sensors and stuff. maf, map, iat, cam sensor, crank sensor etc. if i let the engine cool down I can then start it back up and it will start all over again.

help me fix my problem............THANK YOU FOR READING THIS LONG THREAD
Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Open loop is when the o2 sensors are not used, closed loop relies on them to calculate a/f ratio. Did you delete ALL of them? You NEED the front two.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Open loop is when the o2 sensors are not used, closed loop relies on them to calculate a/f ratio. Did you delete ALL of them? You NEED the front two.
open loop im sory. wrote and think too fast. also even with no o2 the car should not shut off. I have """NO""" o2 in my 99 camaro ls1. run no problem

o2 sensor cannot do what i'm having

Quick Reply: help on problem with ls1, engine dies after 1 min of driving