Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

special thanks to 2 ls1tech members

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default special thanks to 2 ls1tech members

recently divorced i've found my love again(okay lust) for the trans am. i was a 79 t/a guy for years untill marriage and am now getting back what i had. i WILL have an 02 ws6 trans am with less than 20k but for now i'm starting with a base 02 firebird to play with untill next year. i have read ls1 alot during the modifications of the v6 and got the chance to talk to one member and meet another. two very nice guys, the first led me to the second so both are how i got my ws6 hatch,rear bumper and exhaust. still looking for a postive track rearend and advice about the abs system involved with the rearend. any advice would be greatly appreciated.having a little trouble on how to find parts in the site, coaching would also be appreciated. i don't want anyone to think i'm trying to build a trans am, it's just a v6. i'm just playing with the appearance of the car to get an idea of what i want my future ws6 to look like. from the forums i've read and the 2 members i've talked to everyone seems like good people and i'd like the chance to talk to some of you.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Welcome to the Site!!! There are A Lot of Great, Knowledgable people on here. and All of us are willing to Help. Just keep scanning the Parts Classifieds, https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds-134/ sections daily. I'm sure you'll find what you need. There is also a Sponsor Sales/Specials https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials-44/. Our sponsors are Always offering Great Deals!!! good luck with build and search for WS6. and Congratulations on the Divorce!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Teching In

thanks for the reply. i'll check out the links and yeah the divorce hurt like hell when she left but now i have a firebird and a ws6 on the way! don't have to worry about them leaving.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The only issue I see about spending money/time on modding the base Firebird is that it won't help the resale any, so it seems like a waste unless you plan on keeping it a long time. If you are, then disregard my comment.

Welcome to the site. There is a ton of useful information here, so take your time looking around. Search will help a lot, as will the stickies in each section. If you are continuing to mod your current Firebird, I'd read up in the Appearance section for tips/advice. Have fun.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Teching In

the firebird will be kept for a weekend and trip driver. not a clone but a simulation of a trans am that i can drive and if a deer decides to take it out it would suck but i would still live. when i buy the ws6 it will be kept in a bubble or maybe even parked in the living room.