Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

Hi,
I'm new to site and to the LS Motors. Last thing I played with was a 327 (when they were new). I am putting a L33 into a 1990 Miata. It will for Road Racing Only. I need all the help I can get. If you take everything I know about the LS Motors rolled into a ball and rolled it down the edge of a razor blade, it would look lake a BB rolling down a 6 land Highway. So thanks in advance.

I have the L33-2005 with 100K on it. I will be freshing it up ie: rings, bearings, valve job 3 angle cam and springs (don't have specs yet). Also I need to change water pump, crank pulley, alternator. I know some people are using Cadillac CTS-V pump, alternator and mount. They say it sets closer to block? Is there a difference in the Corvette and Firebird water pump? I want to mount the alternator low Right on the Left side. Alternator and water pump is all I will be running.

I want a 25% under drive pulley. What do I need to know?
I bought a 95 Camaro Tremec 6 speed, I didn't know about it being a pull type
clutch, never heard of those. Can it be changed over to push type? What all is involved? I will be using a quick time bellhousing. I haven't bought it yet, waiting to see what transmission I use.

Next I need a light flywheel, clutch, pressure plate. Who makes the lighter ones that will stand up to road racing?

How come ads on parts usually stop at the 2002 or 2004. I thought the LS motors were all the same except for bore? I have a bat wing oil pan and pickup. Will the L33 baffle work? I have a LS2 intake with drive by cable throttle body no fuel rails. The intake has a large hole behind the trottle body, what goes there? So, is this a good intake or do I need something else? Fuel rails? The only thing we are allowed to do is cam (don't have specs yet) blend bowl within 1" of seat. I'm told I should have about 370 HP when done. That should give a Miata a little get up and go. Is the stock oil pump adequate or do I need something else? I also plan to put on a accumsump and I assume that a "Lid" is the air clearner? When you change cam is it best to change lifters also?

I know this is not all I need to know. so if there is something you know that I will need to know, please feel free to tell me. Thanks again.