Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker replacement

Im wanting to replace all the speakers in my 99 Camar. Im not sure if this has the monsoon amp or not. The car has a aftermarket pioneer in it. I have a few speakers that are busted that I want to replace. What are some of my best options to replace these with? Im gonna replace all factory ones in the car.
Thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Look for option code UZ7 to determine if it's a Monsoon system (or just look if it has speakers in the hatch area). Then read the Monsoon FAQ sticky for information about the types of speakers necessary to match the amp. Finally, browse through the hundreds of threads about replacement speakers (or do a search) for information about specific brands and models.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a speaker in the hatch area would it be better to replace the monsoon amp as well? or can i run the new speakers from the monsoon amp? also where is the amp located?
thanks again
Old 05-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by jameswoodlee
i have a speaker in the hatch area would it be better to replace the monsoon amp as well? or can i run the new speakers from the monsoon amp? also where is the amp located?
thanks again
All of these questions (and many more) are answered in the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the forum. Please read that first and then come back with any additional questions you may have.