Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Installing a sub in a Monsoon setup-got a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing a sub in a Monsoon setup-got a few questions

99 Trans Am w/Monsoon. Am putting this in the rear deck spot
(non-sponsor link removed)
powering a 10" Type R in a stealth box. Question is which speakers to tap into for signal? Know the rears are high pass, sails are low pass and what I've heard the doors are full range signal. Since I don't want the signal pre-set by a crossover I'm guessing to go to the front doors for the signal. Wondering if I need to run clear to the front door (off the HU) for the signal or can I tap into it at the Monsoon amp in the rear? I don't know the wiring sequence for the Monsoon. Do all the speakers get their signal from the amp in the rear or do some come from the HU and some from the rear amp?
I'm doing this in phases due to cost and wife aggro about the cost. So first phase is sub with stock. NEXT phase includes new speakers all around and new HU,even possibly a car-puter setup. Still figuring that out as I've got some time. Thanks for any and all help!

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 05-17-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 262 Likes on 226 Posts

You can connect at the input side of the Monsoon amp - it gets full-range signal on all four input channels. The amp connector pinout is in the Monsoon FAQ stick at the top of the forum.