New setup...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New setup...

While my car was down I decided to swap intakes. It ended up costing me quite a bit since none of my bullitt parts would carry over.

old setup...

new setup...

Only thing I wish is that he had painted the flames smaller.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Saw your post on stangnet. Looks like it should work well. When is the car going to be ready? A bunch of us are headed out to HRP if the weather holds on Friday.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks cool. but how fast is it/whats your set up?

what part of la porte you from? you familiar with the mr. mercury gas station?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:56 AM
TECH Regular

I most likely won't have it back on the road for 3-4 weeks. I plan to pick the motor up on wed but won't have my valve body back for another week. I also plan to install tial wastegates and a wideband.

I live just down the street from mr mercury in the neighborhood at sens and spencer, next to the church. The setup is a 302 with twin 60s, full suspension, and an auto with a transbrake and manual valve body. With na heads, mild cams, and old intake it put down 575 at 12lbs with a 5 speed.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:12 AM
TECH Addict

nice set up. its very rare that you actually come across a fast 2v

anyways thats our store. my dad IS mr. mercury lol. he sold the business back in like 99 i think but still owns the property and the liquor license. but yeah he's been there for like 40 years or so. you may have seen my car or his pewter 02 SLP SS, or our black 68 rs/ss around.

im not positive but im pretty sure ive seen your stang around too.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 AM
TECH Regular

I grew up in lp so I've been there many times, lol. Do you have a stepbrother who is ungodly tall? I forget his name but thought he was his stepson?

I'm not a big fan of the 2v but made do with what I had. If I keep the car for awhile longer I'll be swapping to a 5.4 4v. Since I've swapped heads, cams, and now intake, hopefully it puts up some decent numbers with 16-18lbs.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
I grew up in lp so I've been there many times, lol. Do you have a stepbrother who is ungodly tall? I forget his name but thought he was his stepson?

I'm not a big fan of the 2v but made do with what I had. If I keep the car for awhile longer I'll be swapping to a 5.4 4v. Since I've swapped heads, cams, and now intake, hopefully it puts up some decent numbers with 16-18lbs.
haha yes, he is 6' 11". his name is robert. i have another step bro named chris that was always in and out of there too. not to mention me and my sis used to work there when we were pretty young during the summers.

yeah man it sounds stout, i had a 98 gt that i could never get to run. i sold it and the guy is still chasing gremlins to this day. hope you have better luck than i did!