Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with 85mm maf setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with 85mm maf setup

I'm having some trouble with my 99 trans am. Keep in mind the car was tuned with this 85mm maf in place. I have gone over the tune and do not feel that it is the cause. I had it tuned via email by Frost.

I had maf issues a while back and was able to pick up a 85mm delphi maf cheeper than a stocker so that's what I did. I also purchased a connector to go from the stock maf plug to the 85mm plug. A month later and now I have a p102 that will not go away.

Here is what i have done so far:

I checked the eng sen fuse, it's fine.

I swapped the mafs back and forth between my trans am and my silverado. The truck didn't throw a code but the trans am still did. It's not the maf.

I checked the voltages at the stock maf plug and they are dead on the numbers per the haynes manual and gearchatter.

I plug in the adapter then the voltages got to ****. It's not carrying the same voltage from the stock plug to the 85mm maf plug.

Right now I am assuming a bad adapter connection. However I am only assuming that the voltage should be consistant. I do not know if the maf has different voltage needs to work correctly. At this point I am getting frustrated.

Do I just depin the connectors, take the adapter out of the equation, and wire directly into the new style maf connector?