Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What could I expect from these things?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What could I expect from these things?

I am going to build a ram air set up like the one on Fear The Ls1's car, while removing the front bumper support. I am also gunna add a set of 02 exhaust manifolds, yeah im gunna clean the ports up a little. I am gunna get rid of torque management with ls1 edit and delete egr and air to get rid of some weight. I'll also add a little timing for NA running. I have some suspension work planned also. As soon as my income tax money comes in I am gunna go with a SS4000E converter also.

So with what I have listed what could I expect to see without the converter? I'm thinking .2 or maybe .3 if I get SUPER lucky with good air. I also hope to drop another .2 or so with the converter.

So are my goals realistic fellas? What else could I do for mods? I know I can do a ls6 intake and ported TB but I have some other things, like suspension stuff, that are a little more important(well I know the manifolds aren't gunna help much but I figured it would help in my goal-- to run a 10 second pass on nitrous without headers). I also plan on putting another set of 3.73's in when I get my suspension work done.

Josh S.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:52 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Headers will help ya alot also. I think that your goals are realistic. A good converter will help but you need to get one for the DOPE to run fast!!!!

Good Luck to ya.

Coach
Old 01-13-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thaugh the SS4000E was a good set up for nitrous?? Headers are in the future but I kinda have a personal goal to go in the 10's with out em.

Josh S.