Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rubber transmission lines?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber transmission lines?

I deleted my PS a while back and noticed that the belt comes extremely close the steel lines. I was wondering how far can you run quality rubber transmission lines?

I would like to cut the stock metal lines and flare the end and run the rubber lines straight over to the side of the bay and straight to my cooler away from all the belts/exhaust etc.

My second though is to cut the line and install new steel likes over to where they connect to my cooler but the question is can I use a quality compression only fitting(the kind you dont flare) and be fine?
Old 05-28-2010, 07:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran Full ruber Tranny line all the way and used barbed fittings and doubled up on the clamps and never had a problem. Make sure you use tranny cooler line tho.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brando5641
I ran Full ruber Tranny line all the way and used barbed fittings and doubled up on the clamps and never had a problem. Make sure you use tranny cooler line tho.
Yes, that what I have now is high pressure goodyear transmission cooler lines, its been working leak free with barbed/flare and doubled clamped ends for two yearsish

Quick Reply: Rubber transmission lines?