Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ltft's ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ltft's ??'s

Ok,here is my problem.Should the LT'S stay at 25% at idle? If not,around what then? Also, have had this thing tuned several times but the LT'S NEVER stay locked in at 0.00% at WOT,one day at 0.00%,next day at 25%,etc.,etc.,never stays the same for more than two days at a time.I have replaced the mass air with stock one,and on the third pair of O2's trying to figure this thing out.Cold air and lid are the only changes.New at all this so please bear with me if I did not include information that may be needed.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

can you post your scan? your lid will allow more air to flow hance the increased ltrm readings adding more fuel to compensate for a leaner condition. you may want to tweak your low (below 1200RPM) MAF tables a bit to compensate. is it just at idle? does it level out off idle? is it both banks or just one? any exhaust leaks? does it smell rich at idle?
Old 01-13-2004, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Sorry I don't have scan.The tuner has played with the maf tables to try and compensate,worked good for a day or two then here comes the lean codes again,b1 and b2. The 25% is at idle,normal? Simply put, EVERY time a new tune is put in,it locks in at 0.00% at wot,then a day or two later it gradually returns back,never stays at 0.00%.No exhaust leaks or intake leaks,and never has smelled rich at idle.Thought maybe the sensors in question were the culprits,replaced them to no avail.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

every time you flash the ECM, it resets it and it goes through the learning process all over again. like i said in the previous reply, you may try playing with your MAF table. does it actually set a code?
Old 01-13-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

If you dont have LS1Edit yourself, buy a copy now!!!

Tune your car yourself and learn in the process.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Sorry Doc I don't have $12-1500 for the laptop and software(ls1edit),but if I did I would definitely try it.Terminator I also understand that I need to let it "cycle" several times to let it "learn" , 30 -50 miles each cycle,and yes it does actually set a code (lean b1 and b2)Does each of your values change daily?(STFT,LTFT,O2,etc.)
Old 01-13-2004, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSZSLP
Sorry Doc I don't have $12-1500 for the laptop and software(ls1edit),but if I did I would definitely try it.Terminator I also understand that I need to let it "cycle" several times to let it "learn" , 30 -50 miles each cycle,and yes it does actually set a code (lean b1 and b2)Does each of your values change daily?(STFT,LTFT,O2,etc.)
my truck doesn't get driven all that much, so, i really can't answer that but not that i recall. without EDIT or a scanner, i really don't know what else to tell you. sorry. you may try putting the stock air box on and see if that cures your problem but i doubt it will. perhaps an intake or vac leak somewhere? i am at a loss here. anybody else?