Lower Ball Joints need replacing

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lower Ball Joints need replacing

I need to do my lower Ball joints and I'm debating if I should do it myself or take them to a shop, from what I have read it's a PITA pressing them in and back out with the rented press tool, but a shop in Houston just quoted me 350 bucks for both fronts. Anybody know of a shop in the Spring/Tomball area that can do them on the cheap? or maybe an individual?

If i do them myself, is it that difficult? do the calipers and hub assembly have to come off?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike171562
I need to do my lower Ball joints and I'm debating if I should do it myself or take them to a shop, from what I have read it's a PITA pressing them in and back out with the rented press tool, but a shop in Houston just quoted me 350 bucks for both fronts. Anybody know of a shop in the Spring/Tomball area that can do them on the cheap? or maybe an individual?

If i do them myself, is it that difficult? do the calipers and hub assembly have to come off?
I paid to get them done once on one of my Camaros. The next time I needed it done, I bought a hydraulic press from Harbor Freight and did them myself for half the cost.