LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

please help, rough running 94 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help, rough running 94 trans am

hi all, reference stats in below sig... my trans am is acting like it wants to die if i drive it somewhere(gas station) run inside get smokes, come out and fire it up, it will run really rough and sound like it wants to die for about 2 solid mins and then it'll be completely fine and run strong. i thought it was my dirty filter choking it on the CAI but i cleaned it and it's still doing it. any advice would be greatly appreciated. the current plugs were changed 1.2 yrs ago, i need to get to that, probably going to change oil within next 2 days, please state if you'd need any more info for solid advice (sorry for the poor grammar, i typed this really fast before leaving work)

carl
Old 06-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Could be a fuel issue. I know my buddy's car would run real rough on hot start up when his fuel pump was taking a dump. Check fuel pressure at idle, normal driving, and WOT...if that checks out, go through the usual items. Fuel filter, o2's, and also check for vacuum leaks...
Old 06-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Launching!

any SES Codes?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dadic 78
any SES Codes?
zero codes popping, (cept seatbelt)...also something else, which i don't think is related; there is a "whining" sound that seems to becoming from behind the cluster area of my dashboard as well during cold start, but it seems to be unrelated to the sluggish hot starts... i will check the fuel system, thanks!
Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

just updating you guys that i found out my pump is on it's last leg...it was running at about 21psi ...and my exhaust manifold is cracked..so i am getting racetronix to replace fuel problems and looking to get headers for exhaust problems...fun times.

Quick Reply: please help, rough running 94 trans am