PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can EFILive and LM-1 work together yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Can EFILive and LM-1 work together yet?

Can you hook up the LM-1 to a laptop running EFILive and record real time WB with a PID? I keep finding mixed responses to this setup. If not, can it be possible to get a D/A converter and then hook it all to the same laptop? I know that with the DIY WB this combination is possible. I am looking for the most straightforward setup with the least amount of overhead.

Any other combinations are also welcome.

TIA.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1_Cruz
Can you hook up the LM-1 to a laptop running EFILive and record real time WB with a PID? I keep finding mixed responses to this setup. If not, can it be possible to get a D/A converter and then hook it all to the same laptop? I know that with the DIY WB this combination is possible. I am looking for the most straightforward setup with the least amount of overhead.

Any other combinations are also welcome.

TIA.
I'm not too familiar with the LM-1 apart from reading some info off the website, if you are familiar with it can you please answer these questions -

1 - Does the LM-1 have a variable output voltage that is an indication of the AFR?, Eg, the Techedge unit has a 0-5V output to indicate AFR to some sort of external device.

2 - Does the LM1 have some sort of serial connector that has the AFR info transmitted on it?.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Couple of options

1) There is a serial output on the LM-1 already enabled. The specs aren't public domain, but Klaus has released them to people that asked. It would be trivial to log this and display the data.

2) The LM-1 itself has 44minutes of internal memory (that can include other data sources to, such as rpm, etc.) - you wouldn't get real time display on the pcm, but you could download it to the pcm after the fact and view it.

3) The LM-1 has a programmable analog (voltage) output - you could
a) Purchase an external a/d converter box (Dataq has one with a api for ~25 bucks)
b) Run this signal into a sensor not being used (rear o2) and log this value directly with your scan tool (essentially using a spare input on the pcm as an a/d converter)

(3)(b) is the only option currently available that will do what you desire, though there is talk of efilive allowing the integration of timestamped data from another source natively.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ChrisB
(3)(b) though there is talk of efilive allowing the integration of timestamped data from another source natively.
Yeah, what he said