General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C Control lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A/C Control lights

So my A/C and Heat control switch light bulbs arent coming on.. What should i do and or change?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the exact same problem. I think the bulb is just a 194 bulb that you can get at autozone. As far as getting to the bulb, just take off the radio bezel, and I'm figuring you can open up the HVAC controls and the bulb will be in there. I don't know for sure since I haven't done this yet, but I'll be doing it soon and I'll let you know exactly how to do it. If anyone sees any wrong info please feel free to correct me. Hope this helps you out.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm having the same issue. having fixed it yet but i've looked in there. just unscrew the hvac panel (2 torq scews) and the bulbls twist out of the mount
Old 06-21-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Okay so I did this yesterday. The bulbs are number 74. You can find them at any autozone, oreillys, kragen, etc. There are two that go into the HVAC controls. Take off the radio trim bezel, unscrew the hvac controls, and the bulb mounts come out with a twist. Taking the actual bulbs out of the mounts is pretty difficult without breaking them, best way would be to put some sticky tape on them to give you a little something extra to grab onto. They pull straight out. If you do break them you can just pull them out by the filaments with a pair of needle nose pliers. Hope this helps!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

I did this one yesterday as well. Both lights were out, I thought some fuse had blown. Got the #74 bulbs (about $3-4) and they worked perfect. Getting the old ones out was hard, like Blk98ls1 said. I ended up breaking both, and on one I pulled all the filaments out and the glass stayed in there. HA! I thought I was screwed but just broke the glass up in there until the whole thing was broke down enough to just fall out. I just used the tip of the needle noses to break them up like an ice pick. Getting to the lights is easy, they are the 2 cords going into the top/back of the A/C control panel, they just twist out. You don't have to remove anything to get to them except the trim for the dash and the two A/C control mount bolts. Easy stuff. Have fun.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

how about the lights in the steering wheel. the light for the seek button for the stereo doesn't work in mine. i never thought to replace it but if it's this easy i wanna get it fixed.