Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatech headers shop visit

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Dynatech headers shop visit

I am out on power tour with my Dad and daughter in his 71 chevelle. We decided to stop and see Greg and the boys and what they do.
We got to the shop as they were going out for lunch so we went with them. The local subway was good.

Got back to the shop and Greg introduced me to Rick. He does all the prototype work. I told him he did a nice job with the LSx stang headers.

Next we hit the shop and the prototype area and computer design station. They don't just start cutting and fitting pipe then build a jig to match. The first prototype comes off the CNC bender and is fit on the car.

They have jigs at every station to ensure that things are not getting off track.

Every part of the header is done in house but the flanges and Greg said they hope to bring that inhouse soon

The machine they fourm the collectors on is very cool.
Then the parts all go to the robot welder. The robot is of the human type. All welds are done by hand the parts are then checked in a jig again. Then the flanges are surface ground to e
Thennsure they are flat.

Back to the detail shop for clean up and paint.

One more step final jig check where they are bolted to a plate and feeler gauged. Then bolted to a engine and verified they clear major componets or mounts line up. Then it back to packaging.

They go to great lengths to ensure they are building a nice product at a fair price

Thanks to Greg for showing me around

Tim