Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

mini 4 link or torque arm???

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mini 4 link or torque arm???

So I am in the process of building a 8.8 for my trans am. I dont really know what would be the best fit for my application a mini 4 link or keep the torque arm. It will mainly be street driven with auto-X and a few trips to the drag strip. Let me know what you guys recommend. Thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

I'm curious myself. I posted this same question on thirdgen.org. Basically what i've heard is...
-Throws suspension geometry off.Stay w/ Tq arm
-Top where the 4 links would go have to be way longer to work right, so you pretty much have to back half the car.
-You'll break your control arms from the added stress.

But I have heard that mini 4 link handles good and hooks hard. So hell I dunno. If you decide to do it I've got everything to build them I sale. 3/4 rod ends, .120 dom tubing, spacers ect. I think I may just go tq arm. I'd like to find one that is shorter so you don't have to go with the crossmember for the trans.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

hell I'll let you know this week end... I have got a set on order should be friday night or saturday
Old 06-23-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i posted this question awhile ago. as i too was stuck in the same dilemma.. My car is 100% street driven with maybe afew trips to the drag strip just to see what i can do. for that im going with the torque arm setup as is found stock on our cars. the mini 4 link is nice and easy but i dont think (nor do others) that it will carry with it all the characteristics of handling with the torque arm. im still in the process of building my 8.8 (link in sig) i should be getting my tubes back from the sand blaster by friday in which case ill start welding it together then working out the torque arm mount... should prove to be interesting.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

I think i'm gonna just got a torque arm too. But it cant be the cross member type. I was lookin at the trac pack (bmr i think). dunno if it will hold up. Plan on being around the 10's
Old 07-06-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EW WS6
So I am in the process of building a 8.8 for my trans am. I dont really know what would be the best fit for my application a mini 4 link or keep the torque arm. It will mainly be street driven with auto-X and a few trips to the drag strip. Let me know what you guys recommend. Thanks
If you are looking at any type of handling that kills the 4-link right off the bat.

I would recommend staying with a full length style torque arm and running a relocation bracket to keep it off of the transmission and give you more adjustability.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who is selling the mini torque arm setup, is this the same as the mini ladder bar setup? Who has them for sale