General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HVAC control issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC control issue

This past Monday Night I did LS6 intake Swap and Replaced broken Oil press sending unit. While I had extra time waiting on Sensor to show up. I inspected wires and vacuum lines all seems normal. So Thursday Shes back together. I'm a little OCD since I Don't get the time to wrench much on my car. So i double checked everything before starting. Fired up all is good! No Codes other than Deleted EGR junk! I made a Point to check all HVAC controls after reading a side note on ls1howto.com about pinching a vacuum line. All was good!! Mind you i love AC since I work in a controlled environment of 35deg all day. So i'v used many combinations of settings over last 2days. Today it was working fine but when i went to change it from Floor only to AC it will only blow out on the floor. No other settings seem to work. Now The Temp's seem to work, And all speeds on the fan work. Just will not change off of Floor only!!! I'v tried to search this but my phone doesn't like the search feature today. Since I don't have a computer with internet this weekend.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the vacuum lines again from behind the intake over towards the passenger side. Someone else just had the same issue and found a kinked vacuum line, post is a few below this one.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found the root of this problem! A vac line near Computer looked like it was on but fell off when I went back for another look! was off but was resting so it appeared to on! Haha...