Need help! Wierd kluncking noise after racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 05:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Exclamation Need help! Wierd kluncking noise after racing

So this past we went to the track the first couple passes where fine ran great. Then on one of my last passes i went and it was fine then after i went to go park. When i was leavin i was driven normal then i hear a klunk whn it shifted to second gear so i was like wtf. I immediatly thought it was my rear end. So on my way home i start to noticed it only klunks when its shift into seconed all other gears are fine. So today i took the rear end cover off to see whats up. and it looks fine no broken teeth a just some normal shavings. so i decided to spin the wheels while it was in nuetural and it spins fine for a bit then get a lil harder for some reason do yall know why? is that normal? and i noticed that my passanger wheel kinda whopples im guessin thts a bend axle right? but would that cause the kluncking sound? or could it be the yoke on the drive shaft?

any help would be great thanks guys.

Last edited by soloman369; 06-20-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: mis spelling
Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring it by the shop. We are really good with"klunking noises"!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Bring it by the shop. We are really good with"klunking noises"!
I'm putting my money on a split transmission mount.

David
Old 06-21-2010, 06:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=Mike TexaSS;13496940]Bring it by the shop. We are really good with"klunking noises"![/Q

will do if it is still doin it after my axle and that u joint!!

I will i changed out the u joint on it factory one and it was a bi**h i had to toursh that thing so that dame plastic ring could come out! and that thing was hard to move back and forth it wasnt easy to move it felt like it was gettin stuck amd kinda popped when it moved and i know thats not normal any of yall expreinse the same?. I also found out the axle was bent thanks to bob it was the axle not the wheel. So im gettin that replaced.