General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car wont start!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start!!

So my car has been having problems starting for about a week now. What is does is it would crank over and not start a few times i would have to wait a second try again then it would fire up. Somtimes it took a little while (3-4 min.) somtimes it would do it on the second try and somtimes it would fire right up. Once it starts in runs and idels fine, runs just like it did before. Well yesterday i didnt have any problems at all till late at night i came home after about an hour drive parked for about half an hour went to go to the store and it wouldnt start. All it would do is crank over. When i turn the key on i hear the fuel pump and there is pressure in the rails. I just changed the plugs and wires. I also checked all the fuses and relays all looked fine. So right now im clueless on what it could be and was looking for some advice. Anything would help thanks!

Oh yea i did use a bottle of octane booster a couple of days ago drove it about 15 miles parked for like an hour and it took a while to get it started then. But it ran fine. I alwasy use 93 octane as well
Old 06-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

When was the last full blown tune up
Old 06-21-2010, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Default no start

hi, i see you checked the relays. did you switch any??? take one of your fan relays. should be 3 and switch it with your ignition relay and then see if it starts. i was having the exact same problem. i actually thought it was a fuel related problem. i switched the relays and the car fired right up. prior to doing that it was intermittent with starting. sometimes it would start right and others it would just crank and crank with no start. at first i did not think it would be the relay because i thought they either worked or didn't. i was wrong. try it and let us know.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Check your fuel pressure, sounds like fuel pump funk.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MIKEY'S 2002 TA
hi, i see you checked the relays. did you switch any??? take one of your fan relays. should be 3 and switch it with your ignition relay and then see if it starts. i was having the exact same problem. i actually thought it was a fuel related problem. i switched the relays and the car fired right up. prior to doing that it was intermittent with starting. sometimes it would start right and others it would just crank and crank with no start. at first i did not think it would be the relay because i thought they either worked or didn't. i was wrong. try it and let us know.

You are awsome!!! fired right up! Thanks!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Default relay

hi, thats great to know it worked. its pretty crazy that 10.00 part keeps the car from starting. i am glad it was a cheap fix for ya.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Wow. This is good to know.