General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rough Starts??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Starts??

Recently my camaro has been starting rough every now and then. Its like it does want to turn over. It always starts on the first crank, but sometimes it starts really rough. I thought it was driver error but I am starting to realize its not me. I heard the my SLP ported TB maybe causing it to do this??? Any ideas why???
Old 06-25-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar issue with mine. It starts fine when the engine is cool, but if it's hot I have to crank it twice for the engine to turn over. It's really weird.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro_five0
I have a similar issue with mine. It starts fine when the engine is cool, but if it's hot I have to crank it twice for the engine to turn over. It's really weird.
Do you have a ported TB? I was told that maybe the problem, if I get some time I will put my stock one back on and see if it helps.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, my TB is factory.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHardZ28
Recently my camaro has been starting rough every now and then. Its like it does want to turn over. It always starts on the first crank, but sometimes it starts really rough. I thought it was driver error but I am starting to realize its not me. I heard the my SLP ported TB maybe causing it to do this??? Any ideas why???
Does it have these rough running starts AFTER the engine is up to operating temp...or only when its a cold start?

First thing would be to clean the MAF?

But I would get a scan to see how your 02 sensors are switching while the engine is running.