LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New 95 m6 z28 owner needs some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 95 m6 z28 owner needs some advice.

Hey everyone- Got a few questions for you. First off- I just bought this 95 2z8 m6, and want to start adding to it to beat my friends 94 z28 m6. My mechanic and I are installing a custom exhaust flowing from hooker headers to a gutted cat to a slug pipe and routing the exhaust out either side through sweeper tips in front of the rear wheels. Also bought a bbk 90mm throttle body, and k & N intake system. Im looking for a programmer for it- unfortunately Ive only found the hypertech for my 95 and it doesnt allow me to get rid of the top speed shutoff and redlines. Anyone know a different alternative? Also, what kind of mods should I be looking into next to gain the most bang for my buck? Any sense adding a granelli mass airflow sensor after installing the bbk throttle body? Thanks guys.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Do you have a single plane conversion or something cause the biggest Tb you can put on an LT1 is a 58mm with out a custom intake. 2 the hypertech is a piece of junk. Get LT1 edit or Tunercat or a dyno or mail order tune. 3. The stock maf is more than plenty for an LT1.