Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

revert grind, what I need to check ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default revert grind, what I need to check ?

just bought the car, 97 z28 m6, new gm clutch 500 miles break in, some time I put on revert it grind, I take it off and put in revert again, it go in without grind. every other gear shift fine. some time it hard get into first while moving, can be clutch need to be adjust ? is this tranmission problem or clutch problem ? what I need to check first ? thanks !
Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

just did a search, find out these tranmission is self adjust, reading on bleeding the clutch now. my clutch feel really stiff. should I bleed anyway ?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Reverse synchro wear is common in high-milage units. Either live with it by shifting to another gear to stop the driveline rotation before shifting to reverse, and holding the shifter in, or drop the trans for a rebuild with a new set of blocker rings.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
Reverse synchro wear is common in high-milage units. Either live with it by shifting to another gear to stop the driveline rotation before shifting to reverse, and holding the shifter in, or drop the trans for a rebuild with a new set of blocker rings.
I guest I can deal with it, I been deal with revert grind on mustang t-45 for year . on mustang I alway shift to 4 before shift to revert, on t56 what gear I should shift to before shift to revert ? 6th gear then revert ?