What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

here is the same post with pics....

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default here is the same post with pics....

I was hoping you guys could help me out. I am planning on selling my 98Z for a down payment on a 2010 2SS so I want you guys to tell me how much you would be willing to pay. The gentleman I bought it from was in his mid 50's, the original owner, and was doing the same thing (selling for a 2010). When I bought the car it had 83000 mile on the motor and it now has just under 94000, most of witch were driving from NC to Maryland. The body is in phenomenal condition for almost 13 years old (minor scratches) and the interior is the same way, not a single tear or stain on the seats or carpet (small scratches on some of the plastic). The motor runs amazing and have never had anything go wrong except the fuel pump. I just got the car done so I only have 700 miles on the car with all of the mods except the exhaust and clutch. When I bought the car it was completely stock and I have put well over $10,000 into the car. Here is a list of everything I have already put on the car since I bought it, and some pics.

Vortech V-9 S/C kit
bigger injectors
custom tune
complete upgraded fuel system from pump to injectors including second pump
85mm intake manifold
85mm throttle body and spacer
85mm SLP MAF sensor
Borla cat back
SPEC stage 3 racing clutch and mstr cylinder
Z06 rims ( refurbished rims and brand new tires)
OEM tail light and black out lenses
2 brand new window motors (1 was bas so I did both)
new shift boot

Parts waiting to be installed

New SS hood
F/R fender (small crack in original)
Gauge pod (boost, Stewart Warner tac, and fuel pressure)
billet grille
Custom K&N cold air intake
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-07-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

You are absolutely going to take a huge hit if you sell this car after putting so much money into it. Read the sticky and numerous posts about mods getting fractions back of what the owner put into it. All I can say is OUCH!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
You are absolutely going to take a huge hit if you sell this car after putting so much money into it. Read the sticky and numerous posts about mods getting fractions back of what the owner put into it. All I can say is OUCH!
yea i kno im going to take a good loss especially since i had it done professionally and it cost out the *** for labor, but i did take a fraction out of all the cost and it came out to be $9370. do you think it would be to much to ask for $9000??
Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

do you still owe 9370 on it? You don't really have to answer that but if you do then you may want to keep the Z.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HumanNipple
do you still owe 9370 on it? You don't really have to answer that but if you do then you may want to keep the Z.
no i owe nothing on it. all paid n cash. i was just hoping to match what i get and use it as my down payment on a 2010
Old 07-10-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie0331
yea i kno im going to take a good loss especially since i had it done professionally and it cost out the *** for labor, but i did take a fraction out of all the cost and it came out to be $9370. do you think it would be to much to ask for $9000??
I believe that there is a certain buyer out there that would appreciate what you have done and pay $9,000. Now I say that as long as the car has no issues and is represented accurately. GLWS!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
I believe that there is a certain buyer out there that would appreciate what you have done and pay $9,000. Now I say that as long as the car has no issues and is represented accurately. GLWS!
ok thats what i wanted to hear.. there is no major issues at all, just a burnt out blinker light and a small oil leak coming from the return line. very easy fix, the sealer didnt hold. other than that the car runs just fine. i dont plan on selling it until it is in the condition i want it to be in.

Quick Reply: here is the same post with pics....