LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stupid question about Drag Radials

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question about Drag Radials

Before I had BFG Drag Radials on my C5 Z06 wheels, I was running the 16" stockers with a set of Kumho Ecstas-- the tire dimensions were somewhere in the ball park of 245 50 16. On the Ecstas I was able to chirp going into 2nd and 3rd everytime and even chirp going into 4th mostof the time.

I recently bought a set of 295 35 18 BFG G-Force T/A Drag Radials for my C5 Z06's and after I put them on and took it for a ride, I relized I can't even chirp second anymore. My clutch is pretty new and all my mods are the same as before, and the car seems to be running the same as it always has.

I just wanted to know if this is normal?? I know the drag radials are gonna hook up a lot better than skinnier all-season tires. And looking back at it, the car did feel like it was bittin pretty hard going into second so I'm sort of thinkin this is normal and that there's nothing wrong with my car-- but I just wanted to get other peoples' opinions who have been there before.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, I wouldnt worry about that at all, I'd actually be happy about it. Your just getting better traction with the dr's.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airfix
Ya, I wouldnt worry about that at all, I'd actually be happy about it. Your just getting better traction with the dr's.
yup X2