Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new from toledo,oh

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new from toledo,oh

hi nice to be a part of the site,my name is jesse i have 2000 ss 3000 converter 125n20 wet shot and slicks.im lookin to first know my boundries with the nitrous,stock pump 125000 miles,no msd or power programmer.i need to know what its going to take to make the car go 10s best bang 4 the buck.my lt1 buddies say your site rules and i need to crush some svt mustangs and a 426hemi can u help??
Old 07-09-2010, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Another NW Ohio F-Body, nice.

What does your car run now?

If you don't have a full exhaust yet I think that would be the best bang for your buck to help get you closer to the 10's. Might need some more help with suspension work and maybe a little weight reduction if you can, that just might do it. But watch out for the weak rear or it will go like this.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HuggerOrangeZ
Another NW Ohio F-Body, nice.

What does your car run now?

If you don't have a full exhaust yet I think that would be the best bang for your buck to help get you closer to the 10's. Might need some more help with suspension work and maybe a little weight reduction if you can, that just might do it. But watch out for the weak rear or it will go like this.
hooker long tubes?dont know what it runs yet but it feels faster than my dodge that ran 1190s,how far on the nitrous?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:07 AM
12 Second Club

If your asking how much your motor can handle on the nitrous it seems 125 is a good safe number. I do see a lot of guys run 150 without any problems though.

I'd say you're mid to low 11's right now with a good launch so get all the bolt ons you can. LS6 intake, LT headers, off road Y pipe, good axle back exhaust then some lower control arms and a torque arm for the suspension.

All of this should do it.