LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cody: 1 VATS: 0

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cody: 1 VATS: 0

My VATS has been going out for a while now. And most recently I would have to open hood, unhook my battery cable and bolt it back down everytime I wanted to start my car.

So I did some research and found out how to bypass the VATS in the steering colomn. I went and bought a multimeter, a soldering iron, heat shrink and some resistors.

I am happy to say that my problem is resolved...Thanks to anyone who has ever posted info one this process!!! Because I'm sure I read em all!!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a 94 model? I just bought a 94 TA for cheap and it won't spin over or anything.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just check the resistance of the pill in the key. There is a wire connector going to the steering column. You need to disconnect that and add the resistor so it replicates the Ohms of resistance the key woudl provide. The wire connection is 1 white wire, 1 orange wire. Simple as that, VATS is done.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out shoe box, it has a "how to" for just about anything you need. It also has some pictorials that are quite helpfull. Just do it EXACTLY like instructed and you should be golden...Also, there is another portion of the VATS that cannot be bypassed through this method...I think it just requires having it tuned out...or buying a bypass...but I'm not positive on that one...

Quick Reply: Cody: 1 VATS: 0