Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Which ATI balancer do I need??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ATI balancer do I need??

Well guys im confused on which ati balancer to get! Does anyone know what part number id use for a max effort stroker c5 build. Its a 415ci iron block lq4 with eagle crank. I think the stock balancer is a 7.5 diameter, do i replace it with a 7.5 ati balancer?? Im just confused because there are so many part numbers and i dont know which ones I should look at. I am nervous about my crank vibrating in this motor and would like to get some insurance with a good balancer. Any suggestion would help thanks guys

Car is a 98 c5 coupe
Old 07-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by awd2rwd
Well guys im confused on which ati balancer to get! Does anyone know what part number id use for a max effort stroker c5 build. Its a 415ci iron block lq4 with eagle crank. I think the stock balancer is a 7.5 diameter, do i replace it with a 7.5 ati balancer?? Im just confused because there are so many part numbers and i dont know which ones I should look at. I am nervous about my crank vibrating in this motor and would like to get some insurance with a good balancer. Any suggestion would help thanks guys

Car is a 98 c5 coupe
If that is the brand you are going with just get the 7.5 one. You really dont need or want more weight out on any parts that you have. You just dont want it coming apart.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Default ttt

You should be fine on the stock bal if you stay N/A but with any kind of F/I car get a aftermarket one. The stock will come apart after a little time or the rubber will come apart. A # of them have had problems in the F/I motor with the stock one on the car.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Launching!

thanks for the reply...the motor will be ran most of the time as n/a and occasionally juiced. Does the ati blancer or any aftermarket balancer really protect against crank vibration or does the stock one work fine?Thats really the only reason im buying one. I have had to grind the crank because i used it in my last motor and i dont want it to break or crack. The machine shop said it would be fine to use again in this max effort build but I'd rather spend 500 now than have to do another engine build. But, if the consensus is the stock crank works just as well than ill just get a stocker. Im not interested in the underdrive and hp gains just the safety factor?? any input on this would be great....will the stock work fine or do i actually get added protection that is worth me buying an aftermarket dampener

I will be spinning this car to 7800rpm max
Old 07-11-2010, 08:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

http://www.atiracing.com/products/dampers/101/index.htm

Take look at the above article. With the rpm range you're going to be running, I wouldn't trust the factory balancer. The ATI Performance Products balancer that I've used on Corvettes is the 917345. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Thanks for help guys I went ahead and got the ati 917278 with the upgraded rubber for high hp/rpm applications.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by awd2rwd
Thanks for help guys I went ahead and got the ati 917278 with the upgraded rubber for high hp/rpm applications.
That is exactly what I would have went with!

Quick Reply: Which ATI balancer do I need??