got a question bout my camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default got a question bout my camaro

so yeah anyways the other day i go to start up my car and go get gas and it starts, but something seemed off. every m.i.l. on my dash was lit up. also my gas gauge and rpm gauged werent working they were just flickering a teeny little bit. i was like what the ****, went and disconnected my battery to reset the ecu, then connected it back.

the car then started and everything went back to normal. to me, who have been driving the car for the last 50,000 miles with pretty much no issues except a battery, it was pretty weird.

fast forward to last night about 5pm. i hop in my car to drive to a friends house. i noticed that my check engine light and seatbelt light are both on, just barely noticeable, this was before i put the key in the ignition and turned it. once i did that the car barely turned over because the power was somehow trickling on when there was no key in the damn ignition. anyways i get to my friends house and turn my car off sure enough does the same damn thing......so i disconnect my battery and go inside.

later last night when i connected my battery back up i went to start my car and this thing would turn over but wouldnt crank on. so im like wtf......after about the 5th try i give it a little gas as i start it and it catches finally and cranks on. it was idling at about 500 rpm looking like it was going to croak and then after about 30 seconds finally got back up to a normal idle. every stop sign or light i hit on the way home this car would stall, soon as i let off the gas the rpms would lower, yet everytime i turned it back on it would hold an idle.

when i got home stupid me i didnt disconnect the battery because everything seemed ok. well when i went to bed i checked it one last time and i heard the chime that you hear when you leave your keys in the car and open your door. so i went out and sure enough the check engine light and seatbelt light are on. so i cycled the key a few times and they finally went out and no more chime.

this morning i go out and try and start the car and nothing battery totally dead. what the **** im losing my mind......can anyone help.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Launching!

no mechanics in the crowd today huh?
Old 07-10-2010, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

scan it for codes!!! See what you pull off of that.