LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Throttle body bypass on a 96 TA

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle body bypass on a 96 TA

i want to do the throttle body bypass on my car, but after looking at what to do, im alittle confused.

after looking at the first picture, the coolant line that they are talking about is hooked up different on my car. it seems to go to the other side of the throttle body, instead of on the passenger side like the how-to shows. and i can't even find the other line on the driver side of the throttle body. the how-to is for 95-97 lt1's and my car is a 96, so it should be the same. maybe somebody already did it; but i can't find where they mated the lines together.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

What do you mean you can't find the hose on the driver's side. Your picture shows it (the one with the braided covering). Take that hose off and connect it to the end of the steam pipe (where the elbow hose goes into the TB on the passenger side). If you read and follow what is written in the first pic, that is all there is to it. You're making it harder than it is.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:30 PM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

exactly what shbox said

ill help you visualize it
Old 07-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Launching!

oh! i understand now. i was thinking backwards for some reason. so just unplug the braided line and plug it into the metal tube sticking out? i got it now. thanks alot guys.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Launching!

how much coolant is going to spill out? shoulld i pick up a galon to top it off when im done?
Old 07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It won't be much. Whatever you lose just add water. Cover the entire area with rags to keep coolant spillage away from your optispark.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see why that could be confusing w/those pictures. There wasn't a "before/after" shot or completed install shot...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
I can see why that could be confusing w/those pictures. There wasn't a "before/after" shot or completed install shot...
The first picture posted (from my site), is a completed picture with step by step instructions on just how to do it. Sorry you can't see that. It is one of the easiest things you can do on an LT1. Sometimes people don't understand that LH is driver's side and RH is passenger side. Other than that, there should be no confusion.

Also, the OP has copied my picture and rehosted it from Photobucket (which is a strict violation of the copyright policy on my website). The picture he presented is smaller than the original on my site (or this forum has resized it). That may make things harder to see. He should have posted a link to my pic on my site. The OP needs to take the picture down.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

It only should take about 15 minutes to do.. take the 2 lines off the throttle body and clamp them together..and cap the two opening on the TB..
Old 07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very little coolant will come out.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shbox
Also, the OP has copied my picture and rehosted it from Photobucket (which is a strict violation of the copyright policy on my website). The picture he presented is smaller than the original on my site (or this forum has resized it). That may make things harder to see. He should have posted a link to my pic on my site. The OP needs to take the picture down.

So was LT1's post just kiddin bro. Rob I never took the time to read the legal stuff, but im sure at least everyone who reads this tread will know better. So is it okay to just use urls for pics straight from your site on here?

Last edited by fupa; 07-12-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shbox
The first picture posted (from my site), is a completed picture with step by step instructions on just how to do it. Sorry you can't see that. It is one of the easiest things you can do on an LT1. Sometimes people don't understand that LH is driver's side and RH is passenger side. Other than that, there should be no confusion.

Yea, I geuss it is forgive my early morning post...I've done the mod, I know it's simple I just got the wrong impression scimming over the pictures quickly in this post.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by fupa
So was LT1's post just kiddin bro. Rob I never took the time to read the legal stuff, but im sure at least everyone who reads this tread will know better. So is it okay to just use urls for pics straight from your site on here?
Yes, links (URLs) to pics are fine. Even saving them for your own personal use is ok. But re-hosting is not ok without permission.

Quick Reply: Throttle body bypass on a 96 TA