Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust over the axle. What angles and pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Exhaust over the axle. What angles and pipe?

So tired of B.S. shops here only offering me "premium" crush bent over the axle exhaust. I just looked at mine closely and wow, what a poorly made "custom exhaust." I have the 3" pipe to the axle, and I don't need a muffler, so I'd rather not buy a full catback. I would like to either fabricate exhaust over the axle buying mandrel pipes if someone knows what pipes I would need - really just angles and lengths. Otherwise, does anyone offer a simple over-the-axle bit of pipe?

Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If I remember right, dynomax sells the replacement over axle pipe.

I know youll need a 90 to go over the axle, and another 90 to curve into the muffler.

The bend that goes from the floorboard and up towards the axle is less than 45. You can get away with cutting up a mandrel bend, or doing a series of pie cuts.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just what I was looking for. I'll look into the kit. Oddly enough, I need it to go to the center after that, but that shouldn't be anything.
Edit:
Got it! The first bend is included in the one of the two pieces and the second slip fits right on to go over the axle. I really appreciate the heads up. This is curved well and for the pipes, only about $120!
Thanks,
John

Last edited by transsam; 07-13-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust over the axle. What angles and pipe?