Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with iron blocks...swap information

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those with iron blocks...swap information

Did you just put the passenger side ground from the battery on the motor mounts or what? My block has no boss or threads behind that. Just a small threaded hole similar to the ground on the driver side. Either would work, just curious if there is a reason why you did what YOU did.

Anything else kind of screwy when bolting up accessories or anything else?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bolted mine to one of the oil pan bolts and said fk-it n leave it. It's been okay since but not the most ideal place. Engine mount would better if you can reach it.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

motor mount is best, also there is one bolt that wont work when u bolt up the alt. i belive its the smaller one in the back. other than that everything is abc 123
Old 07-17-2010, 07:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I did away with my A/C so I put my main ground cable to one of the bosses that normally went to the A/C bracket. I took a scuff pad and sanded it down real good too that way it made good contact.

Accessories on my particular LQ4 block, I had to drill and tap one of the bosses to the alternator bracket. There are 3 bolts on a stock LS1 but you will only be able to use 2 on a iron block because the 3rd boss isn't there and the top one is there but not drilled and tapped. Not a big deal just use lots of cutting oil and make sure you drill it straight and tap it straight as well.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I will use the motor mount for the ground. I know HKE drilled and tapped one of the bosses, I am guessing that is the one you are referring to.