Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil analysis

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil analysis

has anyone had a oil analysis done? got mine back said lead was 42 ppm average is 7 also told me it was caused by anti freeze in oil that amount .98%said must have a leak in system and to fix it asap and bearing wear would come into normal range. talk to bart at hitech motor sports in Minn. who built this engine and he said do a pressure test if no leak down dont worry about it,so i did pressurized to 20lbs. in 20 min. lost half a pound i was also told that the alum. blocks will weap some coolant, engine runs great doesnt get hot and no smoke and oil looks great, build was done 10years ago and has about 20k on it. so to sum it up what do i do tear it down and try to chase it down or just let it go and hope blackstone labs is wrong with their calculations i dont know how reliable these test are, any imput would be nice
Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you checked over on http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/cms/ ?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Was the sample in any way contaminated? How did you take the sample? The other option would be to take a new sample and send it in. You can draw it without fully draining the pan then just backfill what came out during the sampling.

If all was done correctly, I would look into this more. I have never heard of an aluminum block/heads weeping unless there is a porosity issue.