Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

any reviews on BF Goodrich SS A/S?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any reviews on BF Goodrich SS A/S?

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...=TNEINT&cs=245

anyone know one way or the other about these?
Old 07-28-2010, 05:19 AM
On The Tree

I have been wondering about this tire as well. I will need to replace mine before the year is out and am undecided between the BFG's and the Pilot Sport A/S's.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

I was looking at these for the traction rating before I bought my new tires, they are probably too hard of a compound to give you good traction if that's what you're looking for. If you're looking for a good all season tire with a good tread wear rating then these would be good for you, but for the price of a 275, I'd go with a different tire. I went Bridgestone. Love there tires.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:10 AM
TECH Addict

It's really tough to find a good all season tire for a performance car... You're not going to be enthused with any of them. The BFG or the Michelin are better choices out there. I used the KDWS for a couple of years and it was much better than the Goodyears I had but that's not saying much. Get another set of wheels and tires for winter is what I recommend.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I've run them for a couple of years now. They are quite grippy in the dry, good in the wet, and fair in snow. I thought my old KDWS were better in snow, but these are better in every respect otherwise. They don't get slippery when it gets cold like summer tires.

Some people have had problems with outside wear, but mine have been fine with maybe slight cupping (I haven't been religious about rotating them). My only complaint is that like all BFG G-force tires, they have a stiff sidewall and tend to hit the bumps hard.

Given that all-season tires are always a compromise, if you live where you need them, these are a good choice.