PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No power to OBD Port and fuse is fine

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to OBD Port and fuse is fine

I searched for help but all point to the cig lighter fuse and it's fine. My car is a 2004 Z06. I installed long tubes and was scanning with my Diablosport Predator and everything read fine. I then acquired HP Tuners and plugged their cable into my OBD II and fired up my laptop. When I did so, and with the ignition key in the correct position, the dash lit up with 'reduced engine power' and 'service vehicle soon'. The HP Tuners program said it could not communicate with the car.

I tried to start the car but it kept stalling. I disconnected the cable and the car fired right up with no problems and all the service lights went away. I tried to plug in my Diablosport and it wasn't powering up. I tried a friend's OBD Scanner that we know works and it couldn't get a signal. I researched online and everyone said to check the cig lighter fuse so I did but as previously indicated, it's fine.

I've tried to contact HP Tuners and the vendor but haven't heard back yet.

Any ideas?
thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 12:49 PM

nobody's got any ideas?
Old 07-29-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

sounds like the obd2 connector is pined wrong but i dout it, get a pin out of it and check it. Good luck
Old 07-29-2010, 02:12 PM

thanks Socal...I doubt it as well since it's the same old factory OBD plug I've had in the car since day 1, I haven't modified it, Predator always read fine and did so immediately before I plugged in HP Tuners.

On another forum, someone else had the same problem last week and said that his battery died the same day--once he swapped the battery, the problem went away. Well, the strange thing is that my battery has never shown a sign of weakness and yet, immediately after HP made all the lights go haywire and the OBD port go dead, the following day, the car battery was completely dead.

I find it way too coincidental that my perfectly fine battery, which never even slowly turned over my LS6, died suddenly and completely on the same day that HP's cable caused the OBD port problem, but I'm gonna swap batteries and see if it helps...otherwise, I'll be checking Pin #16 for 12v and working from there.

thanks

Quick Reply: No power to OBD Port and fuse is fine