Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pulling a Bose 6CD radio out of 03 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling a Bose 6CD radio out of 03 Suburban

I am trying to plug a FM Modulator into the back of the Bose Receiver..with the 6 CD changer...that came stock in my 2003 Suburban.

I can only get it out about 2 inches..and the wire loom at the back will not allow me any more slack.

I am able to get 2 fingers on the loom...it is not moving..right to left...or any way...

Anybody done this... I must be missing something. Crutchfield has been working with me on this...Today they said that perhaps there is a amp behind the glove box...the I might have to disconnect that...as that is where the wire is coming from.

I just traded in my 97..and pulling the radio was easy on that...but this one is getting hung up..

Can anyone help?
Old 01-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

GM usually puts a vertical tab on the back of the radio mounting frame. On some models it's used to line up a stud on the back of the radio. On others it's just there to brace the back of the radio (and annoy installers). Anyways, sometimes when the radio has been pulled out and put back in, the harness will get hooked around that tab and prevent pulling the radio out far enough to disconnect. If you can get a bent coat hanger in behind the radio, try to hook it around the harness and (gently) wiggle it up over the obstruction. When it comes loose you should have enough slack to pull the radio out.

Quick Reply: Pulling a Bose 6CD radio out of 03 Suburban