General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is a 04 Corvette Convertible supposed to hestitate while idling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a 04 Corvette Convertible supposed to hestitate while idling?

Hey guys,

My best friend's mom is looking at buying a 2004 Corvette Convertible with 11,000 miles. I drove it at the dealer today and noticed while the car was stopped and idling it would hesitate slightly. It wasn't that bad and the tach needle was barely moving but I could definitely feel it. It did this both with the A/C on and off. The sales guy it's normal b/c the car has such a 'big' engine (it's the base 5.7L) which I think is BS. To all you Vette owners out there... is this normal? Is it b/c it's a convertible and doesn't have the added stability of a roof?

If it isn't I'm thinking it may be a vacuum hose, O2 sensor, bad fuel or spark plugs/wires.

I appreciate any advice!

Thanks,
Mark
Old 07-28-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Total BS. Let the dealer check it out....there's a reason salesmen are in sales and not in the shop.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by markHondaCBR
Hey guys,

My best friend's mom is looking at buying a 2004 Corvette Convertible with 11,000 miles. I drove it at the dealer today and noticed while the car was stopped and idling it would hesitate slightly. It wasn't that bad and the tach needle was barely moving but I could definitely feel it. It did this both with the A/C on and off. The sales guy it's normal b/c the car has such a 'big' engine (it's the base 5.7L) which I think is BS. To all you Vette owners out there... is this normal? Is it b/c it's a convertible and doesn't have the added stability of a roof?

If it isn't I'm thinking it may be a vacuum hose, O2 sensor, bad fuel or spark plugs/wires.

I appreciate any advice!

Thanks,
Mark
Not the 2004 models........but the 2005 and 2006 model Corvettes come from the factory with terrible misfires and backfiring.

Just Kidding man..........

Hell no.....its not supposed to miss or hesitate. That thing should idle smooth as glass....IF its in good, normal condition.

Stay away from it......