Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to find a good tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to find a good tuner

I have a 00ss with a TR224 114 cam, stage 2 heads, flp's and a bunch of other stuff. I really need to get the car tuned because the last time it was tuned it lost horsepower, from 397 to 380 on a colder day. I dont know if i need to degree the cam or what. Does anyone know a good tuner out there.
Thanks.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Who tunned it for you the first time, and where are you located?
Old 01-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Im in Los angeles, CA, it was tuned by a guy named Jim
Old 01-21-2004, 03:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is a story bout a guy named jim...lol sorry this is just a bad thread...what did u have done the first time you were tuned and who did the tune? Was it just some guy jim that you met and happened to know how to tune or was it through a shop? The second time you got tuned what had you done to the car that u needed a retune? And who tuned it that time? Did u use a wideband o2?
Old 01-21-2004, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by foff667
this is a story bout a guy named jim...lol sorry this is just a bad thread...what did u have done the first time you were tuned and who did the tune? Was it just some guy jim that you met and happened to know how to tune or was it through a shop? The second time you got tuned what had you done to the car that u needed a retune? And who tuned it that time? Did u use a wideband o2?
Jim is a freind of mine and the guy that did the install of the heads and cam. He tuned it after the install and it dyno'd 397, then i had some problems and it drove like ****. he messed with the tuning again and then found out that some spark plugs were cracked, after replacing them we went back on the dyno to tune and all he could get was 380 on colder day. he used wideband o2. Hes a good mechanic but i think i need to get some pro's on this because the fuel curves were still all over the place on the last tune.