PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BS3--initial startup (or lack thereof)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BS3--initial startup (or lack thereof)

The last couple years I seem to only turn to the forum when I have problems. For that I truly feel like an *******, but I must find guidance. I think I am going to answer my own question(s) but concurrence is always nice. I've also posted this in the fueling forum.

Engine is 6.0, 236/238 115 lsa cam, 80mm Precision turbo, Vic Jr, and 160# injectors. The engine almost runs. I cranked it a few times today, got 3-4 brief starts, approximately a second each. It seems holding it at WOT helps. I don't seem to smell fuel except on the dipstick. The BS3 default calibration was modified by me for basic operating config parameters, a richer AFR table, and less spark timing. All else is untouched. The 160# injectors were almost certainly overkill so I am guessing I'm drowning the cylinders and that's why it won't run. So my options I guess are decrease my opening times or get some 96#'s. My preference would be to tune the 160#'s since I already have them but am ready to give them up as well. Thoughts?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dhdenney
The last couple years I seem to only turn to the forum when I have problems. For that I truly feel like an *******, but I must find guidance. I think I am going to answer my own question(s) but concurrence is always nice. I've also posted this in the fueling forum.

Engine is 6.0, 236/238 115 lsa cam, 80mm Precision turbo, Vic Jr, and 160# injectors. The engine almost runs. I cranked it a few times today, got 3-4 brief starts, approximately a second each. It seems holding it at WOT helps. I don't seem to smell fuel except on the dipstick. The BS3 default calibration was modified by me for basic operating config parameters, a richer AFR table, and less spark timing. All else is untouched. The 160# injectors were almost certainly overkill so I am guessing I'm drowning the cylinders and that's why it won't run. So my options I guess are decrease my opening times or get some 96#'s. My preference would be to tune the 160#'s since I already have them but am ready to give them up as well. Thoughts?
Did you set the inj constant,
Should reduce to approx 1200cc at 30# fuel pressure with your 160's

BTW 80% and higher TP is going to clear flooding.

Get the TB blades open with screw, and the IAC parked. Motor needs to idle on the plates.

Things to verify, Crank reluctor teeth matches what you have in bs3
Verify TP sensor moves curser on software

JW
Old 08-07-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Veteran

I loaded Chris's file today (my car is at my parent's house). Apparently the one I had initially was either corrupt or just didn't save my changes. Chris noted that the firing order was for a SBC but I knew I had changed it. So anyway got that lined out. The car didn't start at first but I kept going on and it finally started. I had to hold my foot on the throttle to keep it running--let off and it'd die. Sounded rough, much white smoke. I need to adjust something.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

I decreased the injector size in the operating config to 1200cc and lowered the fuel pressure to 30 psi. The smoke continued as before. I had my laptop connected this time and the AFR was bouncing between 9 and 10. Unless anyone has anymore suggestions, I may be in the market for some 96#'s.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dhdenney
I decreased the injector size in the operating config to 1200cc and lowered the fuel pressure to 30 psi. The smoke continued as before. I had my laptop connected this time and the AFR was bouncing between 9 and 10. Unless anyone has anymore suggestions, I may be in the market for some 96#'s.
What is the VE on your fuel table
Also the timing

Reduce the VE

Also those injectors you have you said they where 160 was that at 2.5bar?
that thing will idle like glass with those injectors, we have to get the math correct

JW
Old 08-08-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm setup for 3 bar. First pic is VE and second advance.

Quick Reply: BS3--initial startup (or lack thereof)