Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i tell if its the right push rod

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i tell if its the right push rod

I just installed a Tourqer v3 and need to find out how to check for the right push rod. When i put the stock 7.4 push rod in and tighten the rocker to 0 lash the rocker is on the back of the valve stem. When i turn the engine over slow it to open the valve the rocker rides on the front of the stem. Seems anything else short or longer would sit to much on the back or front of the stem. Is this what i'am looking for ordid i do it wrong
Old 08-02-2010, 04:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pushrod length will not effect the wipe pattern that you are observing. Pushrod length will change the lifter preload. You first must set the rocker wipe pattern and the only way to do this is raise or lower the rocker stand to optimize the wipe pattern. Once that is done then you can measure for pushrods. Also, stock length is actually slightly shorter then 7.400". The 7.400" has been the "typical" replacement length with an aftermarket cam that is sold as part of a cam kit.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have a measure tool like the one from comp i would use that and get the correct PR. I am having silimilar issues i cant figure out the correct length for the life of me im just not sure if the math is right lol. Good luck