Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bank 1 & 2 O2's Side Specific

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 06:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bank 1 & 2 O2's Side Specific

Long story short I had a 3500 stall installed yesterday. When I went to pick it up, I took if for a drive and it stalled out and the check gages light came on. Brought it back to the shop where I had the work done and we cleaned the MAF and throttle body. Thought that disconnecting the battery plus a dirrty MAF and throttle body might have caused it to stall out. Took it around the block again and it began bucking, bogging, misfiring with the check eingine light flashing. Brought it back again checked all wiring around the transmission with one of those snap-on camera's on the bendable rod and handheld screen. Found nothing wrong. looked at each cylinder but the misfire was completely random. Took all of the spark plugs out full of fresh carbon and cleaned them off. Plugged the OBDII computer in noticed that the passengers side bank was dumping fuel on those four cylinders. Then switched the coil packs to see if it started dumping fuel on the other side. Nothing. Put the car back in the air and switched the O2 sensors and ran perfect. When we went to switch them back to the way they were before we noticed that they were originally connected on the wrong side. Bank 1 was conencted to the Bank 2 header and the Bank 2 was connected to the Bank 1 header. I couldent believe that we dident check that first. Three hours later we finally figured it out. With a stock tune can the O2's (right and left bank) be switched and run correctly? I though that the computer would compensate for this? The reason I ask is because I have a mail order tune from Frost and was thinking that HP Tuners may designate Bank 1 & Bank 2 sides when it tunes with the rear O2's deleted.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

The sensors can, the wiring no.

Quick Reply: Bank 1 & 2 O2's Side Specific