Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Opinion on what paint i should go with!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on what paint i should go with!

Okay so i just bought myself a 1994 Convertible z28, I'm really happy about the buy got it for a steal right before my 18th birthday which is at the end of the month . Besides all that I'm getting ready to throw the car in the body shop to get the damages repaired and to repaint it back black. the thing is that i don't want just a solid black car, i want to do a satin smoke gray manta and a satin Berger panel with the stainless steel camaro inserts possibly and a billet grille. i just want opinions on how you guys think that scheme would look on the car, im tryna be a bit different. oh and for my choice of wheels i want Zr1's with a 295 or 305 rear. I'm tryna knock the appearance mods out before i pull the motor and 383 the block.

Here are some pictures from the day i bought it, and as it is today with the SS hood.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

No opinions, comments or anything?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like you got some work ahead of but that car is gonna look sweet once its done.
From top of my head, if you don't wan't just a plain ol' black paint job, I think some pearl mixed into would be a subtle difference and go nicely w/ your theme for manta and berger.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're trying for a little different, SS hood, ZR1's, satin/flat berger, billet grille and stainless camaro inserts are not the way to go. Not saying it looks bad, but that's about the most common setup on one of these cars.

As far as the paint, a little pearl, or maybe a light colorshift in the clear coat would be cool. Metal flake black doesn't look good on these cars IMHO.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Staging Lane

well as far as the style with the zr1s and stuff i know thats the most common thing on the market but i havent seen any one in LA with an LT or LS with a satin finish for a manta or colored satin berger yet so i just try something slightly different not a big step lol

Quick Reply: Opinion on what paint i should go with!