Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Cooler Plate Help with Dynatech and Autokraft

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Cooler Plate Help with Dynatech and Autokraft

I need some advice on what to do for the two holes located above the the oil filter on my Champ oil pan (same as Autokraft and some others, but I would think that GM pans would have the exact same positioning for the oil ports). With the Dynatech LS swap headers for 67-69 F-body or 68-72 Nova, one of the tubes is about an inch from where the oil cooler mounts. My plan for this spot was to get one of the block-off plates (the things with the hump in the middle that is on LS motors without an oil cooler) and drill and tap it for the Auto Meter oil pressure sender, however, that might not be so easy with the minimal clearance.

So my question is what have other people done with this particular combo or anything that presents a similar situation? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This guy asked the same question you have
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ification.html
Old 08-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks.
I tried a search but I guess I didn't pick the right words.

Anyway, that really only solves half of my problem though, because I still need a place to get the oil pressure sender, but I guess I could put a 90 fitting on the 1/4 plate that was discussed in the thread.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can put your oil pressure sender at the back of the engine where the stock sender goes. Just replace the stock one with your sender
Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

I have read about that, however, I didn't want to mess with the stock sender because I assumed the ECM needed that info for the VVT cam phaser to operate correctly (I am using a Gen IV LY6), but again that is just an assumption...
Old 08-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Teching In

I had a similar issue. i just took the block off plate off and tapped the holes on the oil filter block and used a allen headed plug and made it flush.

But I did have other sources to tap oil pressure from. You could always T the one on the back of the valley pan and use both senders if space will allow. but is sounds as if your current sensor is down on the oil filter block.

Quick Reply: Oil Cooler Plate Help with Dynatech and Autokraft