Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do you get the injectors into the intake??

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how do you get the injectors into the intake??

I have been trying for a solid hour to get these injectors back into my intake, and i cant get it done. is there some trick to this? or a tool or something? whats the deal? its the stock injectors and intake for a LY6. please help
Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Launching!

they should just press into the holes.... if not... line them up then tighten the bolts to the fuel rails. that will push them in.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

little bit of brake clean can help, but you have to do it fast as it dries quickly.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

assembly lube, brake grease, white lithium grease, and any other product that isn't petroleum based. petroleum is absorbed by the rubber and will expand it rendering it void and useless. (no wd40, liquid wrench, etc.) For the most part they should go in pretty easily unless there is debris or a bur stopping it. have fun!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wiped a little gasoline on the O-rings and that made it easier, but still not easy. According to this post, that was a bad idea, as gas is petroleum based. I figured it was safe... (heck, you lube your oil filter seal with oil, wipe your coolant lines with coolant, why not your fuel parts with fuel?)

I then tightened down the fuel rail and I think I might have bent it a little, so be careful and use the lube they mention here!

Originally Posted by tryinggenIII
assembly lube, brake grease, white lithium grease, and any other product that isn't petroleum based. petroleum is absorbed by the rubber and will expand it rendering it void and useless. (no wd40, liquid wrench, etc.) For the most part they should go in pretty easily unless there is debris or a bur stopping it. have fun!