Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inconsistent tune?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inconsistent tune?

I'm not sure how to describe this one but here goes. My car is SD tuned with EFI live by dlove. The tune is perfect other than a little hick-up. The car starts cold perfect and idles perfect, but after putting it into gear and hitting the throttle a couple of times, it will not idle at the commanded 900 rpm. It wants to die. Here's where it gets weird. It will run bad all day long if I wouldn't shut the car off (rebooting pcm) then restart it. It will then run great the rest of the day with ZERO issues. Its just that first start and we only get one shot with it and then I can't duplicate the problem again until the next day. He has the idle screw set where he wants it (to get some counts right?). Does anybody know what is going on here?

TIA
Adam

Last edited by frito1; 08-16-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen this issue on the 156 OS used on the 411 and 896 PCM here and there.
Apparently it happens in more than one OS though.

On the first start, the car will use less IAC everywhere (higher counts). The car often wants to stall. For some reason, after shutting off and restarting, the IAC counts are lower and the idle is better everywhere.

There is mention and discussion of it here with no resolution. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28560
Old 08-24-2010, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks. I can't see the thread as I'm not a member and don't really care to join to read something that goes nowhere.

So does that mean I need to buy a new/different computer? Or re-flash the same tune in the old computer? Or? I gotta do something... my car looks like a pile when it dies and I have to restart it when taking people out for a ride.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club