Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Tech price quote time.. looking for basics

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech price quote time.. looking for basics

I havent taken my car to a bodyshop yet.. There are only 3 locally that I totally know of and Im not even certain that half of them do anywhere near quality work.

My front bumper and GFX are chipped with rock and road debris to hell and back and they need to be sanded down and repainted along with my headlight covers. Just curious what should I expect to pay to have my front bumper and headlight covers sanded and painted properly?

Is there some golden number on coats of paint and coats of clear that is typically preferred for the front portions of the car.

I would wanna see these sanded down very far because It looks like it was maybe repainted and the top layer is flaking off around the edges and the bottom layer is showing through.

Can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay and what I should perhaps look at when im checking out these shops?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Does anyone know a round of about guess on what it would cost to paint? I have no idea and I could go to all the shops in the world.

I would just like to know a baseline going in.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So for just a bumper and your lights it should only be about 400. Each shop is different. Something to think about your bumper may hold a static charge and might come out a shade different. A good shop will blend into your hood and fenders. Find out the paint they use.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by freefallen.1
So for just a bumper and your lights it should only be about 400. Each shop is different. Something to think about your bumper may hold a static charge and might come out a shade different. A good shop will blend into your hood and fenders. Find out the paint they use.
Thank you I just wanted some kind of a baseline charge as I know for a fact I need to get the bumper worked on asap.