Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers,ORY,Stock Cat-Back w/Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers,ORY,Stock Cat-Back w/Cutout

Right now my car is setup with a stock exhaust system with the exception of a cutout right before a flowmaster muffler.

If I were to install LT headers and an ORY, would there be any more pieces I would need to replace or would I still see the same approx gains as someone with an aftermarket catback?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will def. feel the gain and fast response! hell you will feel the gain from replacing stock cats with straight pipe...as i "heard" the flow master catback isnt the best out there..other than that you are set.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure you will with the cutout open. I have the EXACT same setup and when the cutout closed, I definitely feel a difference through the stock exhaust and an open cutout. I mean don't people install cutouts as a cheap alternative to an exhaust and for loudness????
Old 01-23-2011, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matt.martin87
Right now my car is setup with a stock exhaust system with the exception of a cutout right before a flowmaster muffler.

If I were to install LT headers and an ORY, would there be any more pieces I would need to replace or would I still see the same approx gains as someone with an aftermarket catback?
What setup did you end up with?