LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

odd question but did anybody get the wrong converter back from vigilante??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default odd question but did anybody get the wrong converter back from vigilante??

This is a long shot here but I sent my 4000 multi disk lockup converter back to vigilatnte to get it restalled to a 5000 instead they sent me back a 3600 with what i think is a single disk lockup. did anybody install a 5000 converter in their car thinking it is a 3600? im going to the ltxshootout in two weeks and now ive got a slower car than before becuase of this issue.......again i know this is a long shot.......still cant beleive i gotta R&R the trans again becuase of PI's stupid *** mistake.....
Old 08-19-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just think of the poor guy that just installed a 5000 converter thinking he was getting a 3600. lol
Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would contact PI pronto.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

i did........their answer was it is my converter but the lockup clutches are too tight so they're dragging......i think that is bull **** but whatever.......i wanted a new converter sent to me and id send this one back when i got the new one and it worked but they wont do that.........they're paying overnight shipping big frickin deal........so now i gotta pull the trans yet again and send the converter back have them "fix" it and then send it back and reinstall it..........this is pure bullshit........i was susposta go to the ltxshootout in two weeks.......thats now gone.......thanks PI for screwing up ur assembly and ruining my trip and shot at the shootout........unbelievable

this is my last PI purchase i can assure you of that..........IMO they should make one ASAP and overnight it to me...not give me BS of "oh its gonna take a few days to make a new one anyway".......if it works then ill send this one back to them. But that would be good buisness right? HA!!!