Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pump ??s

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pump ??s

i got my ls6 oil pump out to put it on and noticed the gear was moved out of center it moved it with my fingers and it went on fine my question is are they supposed to move back and forth this maybe a stupid question but i never messed with one ?? thanx for any advice
Old 08-21-2010, 02:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

yes it will move like that, the crank snout is the only thing that will keep it concentric. just make sure you read how to put it on right. the gears have a beveled edge and go in one way. once its on use a feeler guage to check your outer clearance. then pack it full of vaseline..i mean full. it creates a suction and lubes the the mating surfaces so no dry start up. i had almost instant oil pressure on a brand new dry start up when i assembled my motor.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Banned

When u say pack it where to pack it at? At the crank. And I hope I installed it right it went inimitable gonna read make sure before I put cover on
Old 08-21-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

you pack it into the gears, then put the cover back on. do your feeler guage check first of course. do a search on here ..tons of threads to make sure your pointed in the right direction.