Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very annoying noise/feeling in pedals and steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very annoying noise/feeling in pedals and steering wheel

Alright, so about a month ago I started feeling this strange vibration at idle through my pedals and steering wheel, and when I would accelerate a little from a stop I'd feel it a little more then it would be away up after some rpm. Now about 2 weeks ago I put long tube race headers and ory on my car, and it just went to hell. Same amount at idle, but once i accelerated even a little bit, it was just a horrible shudder feeling and scraping noise. And it occurred all through first, halfway through second, and the beginnings of shifting into other gears. Any ideas what it could be?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look and see if the y-pipe is hitting the floorboard or possibly a tranny mount broken.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think its the Y pipe, its your headers hitting the chassis at some point. i just installed the stupid flowtech headers and they hit too it shakes like crazy..some heating, bending and everything is cool. its really annoying, gd luck.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Just replaced the tranny mount with a polyurethane replacement from energy suspension the other day, it didn't help. I got my car dynoed and I asked the guy if he felt anything and he said no, so it has to be something when I'm in motion that gets worse. Torque arm mount maybe?
Old 08-23-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you get a video clip or something? get under your car and check if anything is lose or broken. am guessing its either ur headers or engine mounts.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Launching!

It's not loud enough to hear on video with the exhaust I have haha. Sound was there before the headers, just not as bad. I would hate it to be the engine mounts lol