Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock valve seats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stock valve seats?

can i use stock valve seats with my prc .650 lift valvetrain? my new valve seals i bought dont sit flush on the prc valve seat. are they suppose to sit flush or no? please someone help fast trying to put my car back togther tonight
Old 08-25-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anybody know if my comp cam seals are suppose to sit flush on my prc valve seat? if not can i use stock ls6 valve seats/seals with my prc springs??
Old 08-26-2010, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have dual springs, then no, you can't use the stock seal/seat. It will prevent the inner spring from seating properly. If you have beehive/single springs, then you should be able to use it, but then you're going to want to measure spring height, and most likely will have to shim the springs. The stock seats are much thinner than all of the aftermarket ones that I've seen.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
If you have dual springs, then no, you can't use the stock seal/seat. It will prevent the inner spring from seating properly. If you have beehive/single springs, then you should be able to use it, but then you're going to want to measure spring height, and most likely will have to shim the springs. The stock seats are much thinner than all of the aftermarket ones that I've seen.
alright thanks. so are my new seals suppose to sit flush with the prc seat? bc i cant get them to sit flush
Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No, the aftermarket seals that we use (as well as Patriot, Comp, etc) with the dual spring kits do not set down all the way to the seat. There will be a small gap between them!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
No, the aftermarket seals that we use (as well as Patriot, Comp, etc) with the dual spring kits do not set down all the way to the seat. There will be a small gap between them!
thanks! i am really glad to hear that

Quick Reply: stock valve seats?